The ﬁtness industry is full of myths, and so is the internet. More often than not, it intimidates people into doing crazy and sometimes even unhealthy things to lose weight fast, with absolutely no evidence to back them.
However, over time, health professionals have come up with certain eﬀective strategies that can help you slim down faster, without doing anything extreme.
Let us take a look at a few of these tips:
- Use smaller plates: It is all about the illusion of eating a plate full of food. Using smaller plates help a lot of people eat smaller quantities of food, and thus, they automatically consume fewer calories as well.
- Have eggs for breakfast: Eggs are without a doubt one of the healthiest breakfast options out there. They are yummy, ﬁlling and full of nutrients. Studies have shown that eating eggs instead of a grain-based breakfast not only ensures that you lose more weight and body fat but also help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours.
- Try IntermittenFent Fasting: This is one of the most eﬀective methods of eating for people who want to lose weight fast. Intermittent Fasting is basically an eating pattern in which you have speciﬁc periods for eating and fasting. It does not concentrate on your diet but at the timings of your meals. Studies have shown that intermittent fasting can be as eﬀective for weight loss as prolonged calorie-restricted dieting.
- Avoid added sugar: Foods containing added sugar have a detrimental impact on your weight loss attempts. Various researches have shown that the consumption of sugar (and high-fructose corn syrup) is strongly related to an increased risk of health complications like obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
It is a sad fact that in modern times, most foods, even those that claim to be healthy, have hidden added sugars. So you must be extra careful while purchasing and consuming such food items.
- Drink coﬀee: Coﬀee is only harmful when consumed in uncapped quantities, but the fact remains that coﬀee is loaded with antioxidants and has several health beneﬁts as well. Various studies suggest that the caﬀeine in coﬀee both boosts metabolism by 3–11% and levels up fat burning by up to 10–29%. However, one must make sure they don't add too much sugar, cream or other high-calorie ingredients to their coﬀee, as that negates any health-beneﬁts that coﬀee oﬀers.
Subscribe to a diet food delivery service: For those who don't get the time to prepare healthy food on a daily basis, a diet food delivery service can be a lifesaver. These companies provide low-calorie healthy meals, so you lose weight easily and fast through calorie-restriction.
Throughout this time of uncertainty, taking care of one's mental health is just as important as taking care of their physical wellbeing, and we hope incorporating these tips into your daily routine will help you do just that!
- Drink water before meals: Drinking lots of water, in general, is a must if you want to lose weight. But drink it at a strategic time for better results, for example right before your meal. A study has even showed that drinking water half an hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over a period of 3 months. Isn't that crazy? But the logic behind this is simple. Drinking water before a meal ﬁlls you up, so you end up eating lesser than you might otherwise.
Sleep on time: Lots of studies have shown the correlation between good sleeping habits and weight loss. It's a proven fact that not getting enough sleep can slow down your metabolism. Plus, when you're awake for long hours during the night, your chances of snacking/eating at midnight increases exponentially. So getting proper sleep daily gives you an edge when it comes to losing weight.
At the end of the day, weight loss comes down to the concept of calories in vs calories out: Eat less than what your body will burn and you’ll lose weight. And while there are things you can do to speed up your weight loss process, it also depends on your metabolism and a number of other factors, including body composition and your levels of physical activity, all of which are speciﬁc to you.
However, with the help of these tips, you will be able to ace those weight loss goals just a little bit faster, just a little more eﬀortlessly.